Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Where's The Subject?

Like many people, I receive a lot of Email each day. Some comes from vendors and some from Clients. At home I get a fair amount of personal Email. For some reason some of the people that send me Email don't put anything in the Subject Line of the Email message. Now, I know that mistakes can happen and the send button can be pushed by mistake, but I find the same senders to consistently do this.

There are several reasons to make sure you put something meaning full in the Subject Line. The first is the fact that many people and / or spam filters will simply disregard Email without a Subject Line. Next, it may make your message fall way back in the line if someone has a lot of Email and the Subject Line is what helps them determine what to read first. And finally it's just plain good Email policy.

Repeat after me ....."I will always include a meaningful Subject Line in my Email messages"

No comments: